Nigella Sativa known as habbatus sauda or black cumin delivers a wide range of health benefits.
The nut is very effective in curing and preventing diseases for many centuries. It acts as a natural remedy in your body due to its antioxidant activity. In this article, we are going to discuss everything you need to know about habbatus sauda.
You can consume Habbatus sauda for the treatment of many illnesses. You can treat diarrhea, control blood pressure, liver tonics, and indigestion, as well as the treatment of skin problems.
In many parts of the world, habbatus sauda bears different types of names. The names are as follows:
- nigella sativa,
- black seed,
- black cumin,
- black onion seed,
- fennel flower,
- habbat et baraka,
- black caraway,
- nutmeg flower,
- Roman coriander,
- nidella, and many more.
Additionally, habbatus sauda contains nutrients that will help your body to remain healthy.
I will now walk you through the benefits of nigella sativa: everything about habbatus sauda
You may like to read:
History of Habbatus Sauda
There is a link between Habbatus Sauda and Egyptian history. The longest history that serves us evidence on this magnificent herbal medicine is Tutankhamun’s tomb.
Tutankhamun’s tomb is the grave of one of the ancient Egyptian Pharaohs (known as Tutankhamun 1334 to 1325 BC).
In the past, the tombs of past Pharaohs are graced with enticing and protective items. It is also a known fact that items are deposited in the graves of late kings to signify their importance.
Habbatus Sauda was present on the tomb of this ancient Egyptian king. This goes to show how important habbatus sauda is even in the ancient era.
Additionally, the same habbatus sauda was used in Ancient Greece. in the first century (Dioscoredes), greeks use it to cure diseases.
The sign of habbatus sauda in the era of Tutankhamun also shows the length of time habbatus sauda has been used.
The medicinal benefits of Habbatus sauda are gaining momentum across the globe. It helps the body against radicals, regulates the immune system, and heals ailments.
Sources of Habbatus Sauda
Habbatus sauda originates from the family of Ranunculaceae.
The structure of the plant consists of soft beautiful flowers coloured white or blue.
Within the fruit, you will see pretty black seeds. These dark seeds are what we call habbatus sauda.
Due to the rapid recognition of its health effect. People are finding a way of transforming and extracting this magnificent herbal medicine.
The plant is more available in Romania, Bulgaria, Iran, Iraq, Cyprus, and Turkey. Due to its wide acceptance, we can also find this herbal plant in many parts of the world.
People make use of the seeds of these plants to treat diseases. It contains thymoquinone which is effective against many diseases in your body.
Thymoquinone is very effective in combating diseases. These include:
- mental illness,
- high blood pressure,
- rheumatoid arthritis, and
You may like to read:
Where to find Habbatus Sauda
According to history, habbatus sauda can be found and planted in countries like:
- Saudi Arabia, and
How to Plant Habbatus Sauda
Habbatus Sauda (Arabidopsis thaliana ‘Habatus’) is a perennial herb that grows to 1-2 ft. tall. Nigella sativa has soft flowers that are white in color and have a sweet, lemony fragrance.
Nigella sativa can be propagated by division or by leaf cuttings.
Habbatus sauda is a succulent plant that needs well-drained soil but is tolerant of a wide range of conditions.
The plant can take up to 2 years to mature. Habbatus Sauda is a great addition to a succulent garden, and you can grow it in your garden as a standalone plant.
To plant Habbatus Sauda, first, prepare the soil by mixing in organic matter or compost.
Then, add water and let the soil moisten. Seed the succulent plants and placed them into the soil.
Apply water to the plant and fertilize in the spring and summer with a balanced fertilizer.
Mineral Contents of Habbatus Sauda
Habbatus Sauda is a powerhouse of important minerals.
The herb is a rich source of minerals, including calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, and zinc.
For example, calcium is necessary for strong bones and teeth, while the iron is essential for the production of haemoglobin.
Habbatus Sauda also contains a negligible quantity of copper, manganese, and selenium.
Habbatus sauda is cultivated in many countries. This is to access its medicinal properties, which are used as supplements, food and cosmetics.
The processed oil from habbatus sauda is rich in thymoquinone. This is a compound with antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anticancer properties.
Additionally, it is used in traditional medicine for a variety of diseases ranging from asthma, and diabetes, to epilepsy and many more.
Habbatus sauda is very popular due to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Thanks to its mineral contents.
The plant is also a powerhouse to prostaglandin E1. Also, it contains thymohydroquinone, thymol, thymoquinone, carvacrol, nigellimine, alpha hederin, nigellicine, and negellidine.
There is still much more research to be done on the potential health benefits of habbatus sauda.
Evidence suggests that it may be a helpful natural remedy for a variety of conditions.
Medicinal Properties of Habbatus Sauda
The medicinal properties of this natural herb are many. Here are the health benefits of nigella sativa: everything about habbatus sauda:
- It helps against Epilepsy
- Habbatus Sauda helps women that are facing a difficult menstrual cycle.
- It helps to improve brain function
- The plant is also effective in stimulating the immune system of your body.
- Regular consumption of habbatus sauda can reduce the chance of getting liver cancer. This is because Nigella sativa lower the effect of carbon tetrachloride in the liver.
- Recently, study has shown that habbatus sauda can help lower oxidative stress in patients with rheumatoid arthritis.
- Research has also shown that habbatus sauda can hinder the effect of a pathogen called Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MSRA) on your body.
- It acts as hypoglycaemic in the body.
- Helps in diminishing the effect of hypertension.
- It is effective against diabetes
- Acts against asthma.
- Reduces your risk of getting cancer.
- It’s antibacterial
- Research has also shown that habbatus sauda can reduce the effect of the human immune virus (HIV).
- It acts as an antifungal
- It helps as antiparasitic
- Can improve the healing of wounds.
- It has a strong anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effect on your body.
- Applying habbatus sauda on the skin can reduce pigmentation.
- Treatment of headaches
- Habbatus sauda can strengthen your memory due to its antioxidant activity.
- Consuming Nigella sativa can make your body stand against pneumonia.
- Regular application of habbatus sauda on your skin can improve your skin glow.
- Frequent consumption of habbatus sauda can lower blood pressure
- You can grind the seeds of habbatus sauda and consume them to fight high cholesterol in your body.
- Helps against indigestion.